Thursday 1 December 2011

Uh-oh

I'm in so much trouble here! Totally need someone to help me run through this whole sewing business. Yesterday, I had to resort to watching the Singer Instructional DVD to learn how to wind and insert a bobbin. Actually, I also had to resort to Google to find out what a bobbin is hahah

These are some pictures from dad's workplace. Dad got one of the girls to print out the pattern for this dress on the right, it's a Nicola Finetti dress which has a very similar cut to the dress I want to make, especially with the tight lining and the sheer silk draped on the outside.

And I had absolutely no idea how big the printer is to print patterns. It was bigger than a person, about 3 metres wide! But the patterns it churned out were really pretty and intuitive.

Now all I need to do is get used to my sewing machine.

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment